Roasted Asparagus Recipe
There are many ways to cook asparagus, for example: sauteed asparagus, but I also love this quick, delicious and easy garlic oven roasted asparagus.
Asparagus is one of my favorite greens, it’s always fun to eat, as I nibble down the top of the asparagus all the way to the stem, just like eating a tree!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Garlic Roasted Asparagus
My easy recipe calls for only 4 ingredients:
- Unsalted butter.
The active prep time is 5 minutes and 12 minutes roasting in the oven. In less than 20 minutes, a wonderful, healthy and homemade side dish of roasted asparagus is ready for the family.
- Buy fresh, young and tender asparagus. Young asparagus are skinny with soft stems.
- I love my garlic sliced into thin pieces. Arrange them nicely on top of the asparagus and they will come out golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Temperature to Roast Asparagus in the Oven?
400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes for the best results.
How to Bake Asparagus Vegan?
To make this recipe vegan and vegetarian friendly, use olive oil instead of butter to bake asparagus.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 98 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb asparagus, bottom stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a sheet pan, toss the asparagus with the melted butter. Season the asparagus with a good pinch of salt. Arrange the garlic slices on top of the asparagus.
- Roast the asparagus for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 20mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 3g