Asparagus is probably the most-loved spring vegetable, well, at least for my family. Now, how do you take those fresh, green, and gorgeous looking asparagus from farmers markets or stores to your dinner table in a jiffy?
Try this skillet Parmesan asparagus that takes only 10 minutes active time. Yes, 10 minutes!
Other Recipes You Might Like
As the temperature ticks higher, I try to stay away from using oven because it makes the entire kitchen so toasty. With this recipe, there is no need to waste time on pre-heating the oven and no more waiting (impatiently) for the asparagus to get roasted in the oven.
Just fire up your skillet, saute the asparagus with olive oil, garlic, season with some salt, pepper, then top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Cover the skillet with its lid so the heat traps inside it would melt the cheese. Done. Easy. No fuss.
Now, when it comes to asparagus, how do you choose the most tender, fresh, and “young” asparagus? Look for the size of the stems.
If they are skinny, it means that they are “young” and will taste much better compared to the “old” and thicker asparagus which tend to have more of a bite and a lot of fiber. These skinny asparagus are super tasty and easy to cook. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 128 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 10 oz. young asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Trim 1/2 inch off the bottom part of the asparagus stems. Discard.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
- Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste, stir to combine well with the asparagus. Add the Parmesan cheese to the top of the asparagus and immediately cover the skillet with its lid, let cook for about 1 minute, or until the cheese melts off a little bit. Dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.