Steak bites are easy and delicious to make. It’s perfect for busy weeknight dinner when a full-course steak dinner is too much to handle in the kitchen.
This Garlic Butter Steak Bites recipe takes 10 minutes from prep to dinner table.
Other Steak Recipes You Might Like
How to Make Steak Bites?
It’s very easy to make steak bites as it takes only 10 minutes. The first step is cutting the sirloin steak into bite-sized cubes and then season with smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
The next step is heating up a cast-iron skillet and cook the steak bites with garlic and butter.
To jazz up the taste, I love adding my homemade dry rub before serving. The end results are juicy, tender and extremely flavorful beef bites that you can’t stop eating!
Steak Bites Marinade
I used the following ingredients to marinate the sirloin steak:
- Smoked paprika.
- Maldon sea salt flakes.
- Ground black pepper
- Homemade Dry Rub
Cook’s Tips for Juicy and Tender Sirloin Bites
- DO NOT use minced garlic. Use whole and peeled garlic for this recipe. Minced garlic might be burned and impart a bitter taste to the juicy steak.
- Cut the sirloin steak into equal-sized cubes. This will ensure even cooking so every steak cube is juicy and tender after cooking.
- The sirloin bites cooks in 3-4 minutes on high heat. DO NOT over cook.
- Remove the skillet from the stove top as soon as the steak is cooked through. Leaving the skillet on the heat source will continue to cook the steak and turn them rubbery and dry.
- Add squirts of lemon juice before serving. Lemon juice lends a nice and citrusy flavor to the dish.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 351 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve steak bites with a side dish. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) top sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon sea salt flakes or kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 cloves peeled small garlic
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (I used McCormick Italian Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon homemade dry rub
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 3 squirts fresh lemon juice
- Cut the sirloin steak into equal, bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate the steak bites with smoked paprika, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet, cast-iron preferred on high heat. Add the butter. As soon as it melts, add garlic cloves and stir a few times. Add the steak bites. Stir and cook continuously, flip, turn and toss around with the garlic. Add the Italian seasoning and homemade dry rub, stir to combine well.
- As soon as the steak bites are cooked, about 3-4 minutes, add the chopped parsley. Stir to combine well with the steak. Remove the skillet from the stove top, add the lemon juice on top of the steak and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 351Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 129mgSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 35g