Roasted potato is an amazing side dish; it pairs well with just about anything, just like these mouthwatering garlic roasted potatoes.
Oven roasted potatoes recipe is my absolute favorite method of making and cooking potatoes, especially when I have red potatoes or yellow potatoes. I also love roasting baby potatoes in the oven as they are just a mouthful to eat.
Other than that, I like slicing my potatoes into hasselback potatoes so every slit of the potato is loaded with garlic, butter, herb and every bite is flavorful and delicious!
Other Potato Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Garlic Roasted Potatoes Recipe
When it comes to potatoes, simple ingredients go a long way. All you need are the following ingredients:
- Yellow and red potatoes or baby potatoes
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper to add a little bit of heat
How to Make Roast Potatoes in the Oven?
I recommend roasting potatoes at 425F in the oven. 425 degrees Fahrenheit is the magic temperature (equivalent to 220C or 220 degrees Celsius.)
The end results are tender, buttery, garlicky roasted potatoes that you can eat every day.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This potato recipe is only 206 calories per serving. Since the calories are so low, this is a healthy recipe.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Garlic Roasted Potatoes – best and easiest roasted potatoes with garlic, butter and olive oil. 10 mins prep and 40 mins in the oven.
- 1 lb baby potatoes, washed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnishing
Preheat the oven to 425F.
- 2Place each potato on a wooden spoon and cut horizontal slits on the potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper together. Stir to combine well. Toss the potatoes with the garlic mixture, coat well. Make sure the garlic mixture gets inside the slits of the potatoes. Transfer the potatoes to a roasting pan.
Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, then turn them over and baste with the garlic oil. Roast for another 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
You can use regular yellow potatoes or red potatoes to make this recipe. You can also combine both of them together, like my recipe above.