Roasted potato is one of the best potato recipes ever!
Oven roasted potatoes recipe is the best method of making and cooking potatoes. You can use either red potatoes, yellow potatoes or a combination of both.
These mouthwatering garlic roasted potatoes is a great side dish that pair well with just about anything.
You can also roast baby potatoes in the oven as they are easy to eat. Every bite is packed full of flavors and delicious!
Other potato Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Garlic Roasted Potatoes Recipe
When it comes to potatoes, simple ingredients go a long way. All you need are the following ingredients:
- Yellow and red baby potatoes
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
How to Roast Potatoes in Oven?
This easy recipe takes only 10 minutes active time.
First, prepare the potatoes and mix well with all the ingredients above.
Next, roast in oven for 15 minutes, then turn potatoes over and baste with oil and roast for another 15-20 minutes before serving.
For the best results, please follow my baking tips below.
- Use a combination of olive oil and unsalted butter.
- Slice the potatoes into hasselback potatoes so every slit of the potato is loaded with garlic, butter and herb.
- For the best, tender, buttery, garlicky roasted potatoes, baste them with olive oil and butter while roasting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Temperature for Potato Roast?
I recommend roasting potatoes at 425F in the oven.
425 degrees Fahrenheit is the magic temperature (equivalent to 220C or 220 degrees Celsius.)
How Long Does It Take to Roast Potatoes?
It will take an average of 35-45 minutes to cook in the oven. The length of time depends on the potato size.
To check doneness, use a fork to poke through. If the inside is tender, it’s done.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This potato recipe is only 221 calories per serving. Since the calories are so low, this is a healthy recipe.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Roasted Potatoes with Garlic
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, washed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (for garnishing)
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (218°C).
- Place each potato on a wooden spoon and cut horizontal slits on the potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper together. Stir to combine well. Toss the potatoes with the garlic mixture, coat well. Make sure the garlic mixture gets inside the slits of the potatoes. Transfer the potatoes to a roasting pan.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, then turn them over and baste with the garlic oil. Roast for another 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
So buttery I love this recipe.
I made this with largish red potatoes and the recipe turned out AMAZING. I accidentally cut off the ends of one potato and the pieces that resulted were fantastic. All of the potatoes were soft inside and crispy on the outside. I tend to cook things a bit longer than recommended. I did baste these throughout the process so they wouldn’t dry out, and it worked great. I can’t wait to make them again.
Awesome thanks Tiffany for trying my recipe
Okay, so vertical slits not horizontal. I was wondering how they did this until I played the video and saw you meant vertical.
Hi, I like such meals to eat it at the afternoon . thanks for providing new cooking methods .
Wonderful and very delicious recipe.