Cajun Baked Chicken
Do you love Cajun seasonings? If so, you are in for a treat as Cajun Chicken is off-the-charts and out-of-the-world good.
Cajun seasoning is good on chicken, especially when we have Cajun-marinated baked chicken. Just look at the pictures, aren’t they delicious and mouthwatering?
Imagine juicy, moist chicken thighs meat with perfect char on the skin, with the heat and flavors from the Cajun seasonings. This Cajun Chicken recipe is so bomb and delicious!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Dry Rub Baked Chicken
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Grilled Honey Cajun Shrimp
- Honey Lime Chicken
- Chipotle Lime Chicken
How Do You Cook Cajun Chicken?
Cajun Chicken is so easy to make and you can make it in a jiffy. The active time is 10 minutes as the chicken is baked in the oven.
First you need to make the Cajun marinade with the following ingredients:
- Unsalted Butter, melted.
- Cajun Seasonings. I used McCormick Gourmet Cajun Seasonings.
- Cayenne Pepper
After that, you marinate the chicken with the Cajun mixture above and baked the chicken in the oven. Voila, and you have the best baked chicken dinner ever!
Cajun Chicken Breast Vs. Cajun Chicken Thigh
When it comes to baked chicken, I always choose chicken thighs over chicken breasts. Chicken thighs are moist and tender and perfect for oven baking.
While you can use bone-in chicken thighs, or boneless and skinless chicken thighs, I am going to let you know that the best is deboned chicken thighs, with skin on.
If you love chicken breasts, you can certainly use breasts for Cajun Chicken Breasts.
How to Debone Chicken Thighs?
How do you debone chicken thighs? I have a tutorial post and video to show you how to debone bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs. Please check it out.
Trust me, this is the best for baked chicken, as the chicken meat is moist, tender and juicy, and you have the nicely charred skin on. Heavenly!
What Temperature to Bake Chicken Thighs in the Oven?
400F is the perfect temperature to bake chicken thighs. Since we have deboned the chicken, it’s easier to cook and will take a shorter time of 20-25 minutes. The length of time depends on how big your chicken thighs are.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 522 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 lbs. chicken skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 tablepoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasonings (McCormick Gourmet Cajun Seasonings)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Debone the chicken thighs, but leave the skin on. Please follow the step-by-step to debone chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, Cajun Seasonings, honey, salt and cayenne pepper together. Stir to mix well.
- Add the chicken and Cajun butter mixture together. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Transfer the Cajun-marinated chicken to a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, and the skin starts to brown. Broil the skin for 10 seconds, or so, until they are nicely charred.
- Transfer the chicken and the Cajun chicken sauce in the baking dish to a serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Slice the chicken into pieces and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Can you freeze the chicken in the marinade mixture to thaw and cook layer?
How can I prevent the honey from looking burnt? Would parchment paper or aluminum foil help? I always struggle with baked dishes that require honey. Honey always gets burned quickly even though meat wasn’t cooked yet, even with 375F.
Cover it up with aluminum foil.
Can I use instant pot with this recipe. If I can, can you please give the directions as I am new to IP.
IP is not going to work well for this recipe.
This dish is absolutely delicious. I use it for every BBQ now and regularly have guests request it being made when they get an invite! So simple and delicious, thank you very much :)
Thanks Patrick. Please try more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/