Cajun Baked Chicken
Do you love Cajun seasonings? If so, you are in for a treat as Cajun Chicken is off-the-charts and out-of-the-world good.
Cajun seasoning is good on chicken, especially when we have Cajun-marinated baked chicken. Just look at the pictures, aren’t they delicious and mouthwatering?
Imagine juicy, moist chicken thighs meat with perfect char on the skin, with the heat and flavors from the Cajun seasonings. This Cajun Chicken recipe is so bomb and delicious!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Dry Rub Baked Chicken
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Grilled Honey Cajun Shrimp
- Honey Lime Chicken
- Chipotle Lime Chicken
How Do You Cook Cajun Chicken?
Cajun Chicken is so easy to make and you can make it in a jiffy. The active time is 10 minutes as the chicken is baked in the oven.
First you need to make the Cajun marinade with the following ingredients:
- Unsalted Butter, melted.
- Cajun Seasonings. I used McCormick Gourmet Cajun Seasonings.
- Cayenne Pepper
After that, you marinate the chicken with the Cajun mixture above and baked the chicken in the oven. Voila, and you have the best baked chicken dinner ever!
Cajun Chicken Breast vs. Cajun Chicken Thigh
When it comes to baked chicken, I always choose chicken thighs over chicken breasts. Chicken thighs are moist and tender and perfect for oven baking.
While you can use bone-in chicken thighs, or boneless and skinless chicken thighs, I am going to let you know that the best is deboned chicken thighs, with skin on.
If you love chicken breasts, you can certainly use breasts for Cajun Chicken Breasts.
How To Debone Chicken Thighs?
How do you debone chicken thighs? I have a tutorial post and video to show you how to debone bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs. Please check it out.
Trust me, this is the best for baked chicken, as the chicken meat is moist, tender and juicy, and you have the nicely charred skin on. Heavenly!
What Temperature to Bake Chicken Thighs in the Oven?
400F is the perfect temperature to bake chicken thighs. Since we have deboned the chicken, it’s easier to cook and will take a shorter time of 20-25 minutes. The length of time depends on how big your chicken thighs are.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 522 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) chicken skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 tablepoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasonings, McCormick Gourmet Cajun Seasonings
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Debone the chicken thighs but leave the skin on. Please follow the step-by-step to debone chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, Cajun Seasonings, honey, salt and cayenne pepper together. Stir to mix well.
- Add the chicken and Cajun butter mixture together. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Transfer the Cajun-marinated chicken to a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin starts to brown. Broil the skin for 10 seconds or so, until they are nicely charred.
- Transfer the chicken and the Cajun chicken sauce in the baking dish to a serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Slice the chicken into pieces and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 522Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 224mgSodium 756mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 36g