Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
It’s Spring so fresh produce are bountiful.
I love going to my neighborhood farmers market in springtime.
I get crazy about the colorful vegetables, fruits, herbs and greens.
The baby carrots are especially tender and fresh in the market so I got myself a bag of them.
Nothing beats a simple roasted carrots, when you have fresh young carrots.
This butter and brown sugar roasted carrots recipe is one of the easiest recipes ever, and delivers the most amazing and delicious results.
The sweetest thing is that it takes only five (5) ingredients and 10 minutes active time.
It’s so easy and quick!
How to Make Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots?
All you need is some baby carrots, garlic, brown sugar, butter and salt.
I love my carrots tender so I roasted them for 30 minutes.
If your carrots are slightly bigger, roast for 35-40 minutes.
There you have it, a family friendly and absolutely delightful roasted carrots side dish that you can make all year long.
They are also great for the holidays such as Thanksgiving!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 229 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) baby carrots cleaned and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped parsley for garnishing
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- In a big mixing bowl, add the carrots, melted butter, garlic, brown sugar and salt together. Stir to mix well. Transfer the carrots into an oven-safe skillet (cast-iron preferred) and roast for 30 - 40 minutes, or until they become tender.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the parsley and lemon wedges. Squeeze some lemon juice on top of the carrots before serving.
If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, you may use a glass bakeware, or lay out the carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 5.5gSaturated Fat 9.7gCholesterol 40mgSodium 423mgCarbohydrates 22.8gFiber 4.5gSugar 16gProtein 1.4g