Delicious Honey Garlic Shrimp
This honey garlic shrimp is perfect for any meal. As simple as it sounds, this is probably one of the most delicious recipes I have made recently.
I love shrimp, and I can eat shrimp every day.
I used 4 ingredients for the glaze: honey, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Prep and cooking takes only 15 minutes in total.
You want to use a lot of garlic so every bite is bursting with the garlicky flavors. Cook it on a cast-iron skillet so all the garlicky and honey goodness sticks to the bottom of the skillet.
Scrap every brown bit left on the skillet as that is the best part.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- Cayenne pepper
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can You Keep Cooked Shrimp in the Fridge before It Goes Bad?
Shrimp lasts in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
How Do You Not Overcook Shrimp?
To not overcook shrimp, remove them from the heat right when the meat is the same color pink all around (no brown/grey). Perfectly cooked shrimp will be in a loose C shape while tight C shapes usually indicate overcooked shrimp.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 327 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served with rice or pasta. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 oz. shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail on
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Mix the honey, lemon juie, salt and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic, then add the shrimp. Use a spatula to toss the shrimp on the skillet, then add in the honey mixture. Continue to cook the shrimp until they are nicely caramelized.
- Add in the butter, stir to blend well with the shrimp. Add the chopped parsley, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.