I can’t get enough of grilled shrimp skewers in summer. I am not sure about you but summer just screams seafood to me: honey sriracha shrimp kebab, peel and eat shrimp, summer seafood stew, grilled shrimp with kimchi miso butter, etc.
I have a very popular recipe Chili Lime Chicken that everyone seems to love. That recipe is extremely delicious and many readers have tried with success.
A few weeks ago, a reader left a message and told me that she turned my Chili Lime Chicken into Chili Lime Shrimp and everyone was begging for more. What a great idea! Hence I am sharing with you this amazing recipe today!
I made some slight modification to the recipe. I added sweet chili sauce to the marinade. The shrimp is mouthwatering, moist, juicy, succulent and bursting with the wonderful flavors of sweet chili, lime juice and garlic. Make a bunch of these shrimp skewers before the end of summer!!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 207 calories per serving.
Serve Chili Lime Shrimp with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves or parsley leaves, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch salt
- Soak the bamboo skewers with cold water. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the Marinade together using a whisk. Add the shrimp to the Marinade, make sure to coat the shrimp evenly. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Fire up the grill and grill the shrimp until cooked and slightly charred on the surface. Serve immediately.
You can also bake the shrimp in the oven, preheat the oven to 400F and bake for about 10 minutes. After baking, you may broil the shrimp for 1 minute to char the surface of the shrimp.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 286mgSodium 977mgCarbohydrates 8gSugar 6gProtein 23g