I have always loved miso butter. One of my favorite recipes with miso butter is the grilled flank steak with miso butter recipe.
However, recently, I found out that by adding a little bit of kimchi into miso butter, it’s even better. Kimchi-miso butter is totally the bomb, especially when I made these grilled shrimp with kimchi-miso butter. Oh. my.
Summer is the perfect time to grill shrimp. Previously I made tamarind and pineapple shrimp skewers, lemongrass and Sriracha grilled shrimp, but grilled shrimp with kimchi-miso butter is my absolute new favorite now!
Other Recipes You Might Like
I have made it twice since I first tested out the recipe last week. They are absolutely delightful, especially with a side of garlic noodles or sesame noodles, so much so that I finished 1 pound of shrimp all by myself!
This grilled shrimp with kimchi-miso butter recipe is from Food and Wine magazine, it involves two steps, grilling and then broiling in the oven.
The second time I made it, I just baked the shrimp in the oven at 350 degree F until they are cooked and then broil it, so you can totally make this dish in the oven without having to fire up your grill.
The taste is still heavenly, and it’s quicker, too.
For shrimp, if you can find jumbo shrimp, get them, if not tiger prawn works pretty well. I made them with tiger prawn. You can also use any big-sized shrimp of your choice. The recipe is super easy but very high on flavors.
Try them this weekend!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 294 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix all the Sauce ingredients and place in microwave for 10 seconds.
- Drizzle each shrimp with the Sauce and set aside.
- Fire up the grill and brush a bit of oil on the surface. Brush the scallions with oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning until the scallions are tender and browned in spots. Transfer to plate.
- Place the shrimp on the grill, shell side down. Grill until just cooked through.
- Preheat oven to broil, add the remaining sauce in the shrimp, place in the oven for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.