However, recently, I found out that by adding a little bit of kimchi into miso butter, it’s even better. Kimchi-miso butter is totally the bomb, especially when I made these grilled shrimp with kimchi-miso butter. Oh. my.
Summer is the perfect time to grill shrimp. Previously I made tamarind and pineapple shrimp skewers, lemongrass and Sriracha grilled shrimp, but grilled shrimp with kimchi-miso butter is my absolute new favorite now!
I have made it twice since I first tested out the recipe last week. They are absolutely delightful, especially with a side of garlic noodles or sesame noodles, so much so that I finished 1 pound of shrimp all by myself!
This grilled shrimp with kimchi-miso butter recipe is from Food and Wine magazine, it involves two steps, grilling and then broiling in the oven.
The second time I made it, I just baked the shrimp in the oven at 350 degree F until they are cooked and then broil it, so you can totally make this dish in the oven without having to fire up your grill.
The taste is still heavenly, and it’s quicker, too.
For shrimp, if you can find jumbo shrimp, get them, if not tiger prawn works pretty well. I made them with tiger prawn. You can also use any big-sized shrimp of your choice. The recipe is super easy but very high on flavors.
Try them this weekend!
Pairs well with:
Grilled Shrimp With Kimchi-Miso Butter Recipe
Kimchi-Miso butter grilled shrimp. Make a bunch of these yummylicious shrimp for the upcoming Labor Day weekend.
- 12 jumbo shrimps or tiger prawn in shell, deveined
- 12 plump scallions
- oil for brushing
- 1In a microwave-safe bowl, mix all the Sauce ingredients and place in microwave for 10 seconds.
- 2Drizzle each shrimp with the Sauce and set aside.
- 3Fire up the grill and brush a bit oil on the surface. Brush the scallions with oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning until the scallions are tender and browned in spots. Transfer to plate.
- 4Place the shrimp on the grill , shell side down. Grill until just cooked through.
- 5Preheat oven to broil, add the remaining sauce in the shrimp, place in the oven for 1 minute. Serve immediately.