Sesame Noodles is a noodle dish of Sichuan origin. It’s perfect any time of the year, especially when it is back-to-school time as busy moms are always running out of time to prepare family’s dinner. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
Other Recipes You Might Like
It is so easy to make, with simple ingredients that you can get at any stores, and kids and adults alike love the sesame noodles.
What’s more, you can prepare these noodles in the morning or afternoon and serve it for dinner as the dish does not require re-heating.
The rich and savory taste of the sauce will please everyone’s taste buds and palate, and they will be asking for more, including picky eaters.
The main ingredients are sesame oil, sesame paste, sweet soy sauce, creamy peanut butter and rice vinegar.
The amounts I listed in my recipe are completely up to your taste, so you can adjust the seasonings according to your liking.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 503 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz regular spaghetti or soba noodles
- water for boiling
- 2 tablespoons oil
- black and white sesame seeds for garnishing
- chopped scallions for garnishing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste or Tahini paste, lightly heated in microwave under low heat
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar apple cider, balsamic, black or Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pure toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil, (optional)
- salt and sugar to taste
- Cook the noodles according according to the packaging instructions. Rinse in cold running water, drained and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sesame Sauce, stir to combine well. You may adjust the ingredients per your taste.
- Heat up a pan or skillet on medium heat and add the oil. Transfer the noodles to the pan or skillet and do a few quick stirs. Add the Sesame Sauce to the noodles, stir to combine well. Garnish the noodles with generous amount of sesame seeds and the chopped scallions. Serve at room temperature, or you may chill the Sesame Noodles in the refrigerator before serving.
If you don't have sweet soy sauce, use regular soy sauce and add more sugar to taste to the Sesame Sauce.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 503Total Fat 36.8gSaturated Fat 2.5gCholesterol 123mgSodium 802mgCarbohydrates 74.1gFiber 1.6gSugar 1.5gProtein 20.2g