How to Grill Shrimp Kebab?
When it comes to Summer, you can’t have a cookout or BBQ without shrimp.
Shrimp is the most popular seafood for good reasons: you can make them into grilled shrimp or shrimp skewers, shrimp kebab (kabob) that everyone just can’t stop eating.
If you are firing up the grill for the first time this season, I have one of easiest grill shrimp recipes for you.
Marinade for Shrimp Kebab
This grilled shrimp recipe is marinated with the simple ingredients below:
- Lemon juice.
- Cayenne Pepper.
- Herbs such as parsley.
These garlic butter shrimp kebabs are exactly what you need to please your crowd. Just coat and marinate the garlic butter mixture on the shrimp, thread them on skewers or bamboo sticks.
How Long To Grill Shrimp?
For this recipe, I recommend frozen, shelled, deveined and tail-on shrimps. You can get them at Target for $8-$9 for a 2-lb bag.
Shrimp cook very fast on the grill. With direct heat, it takes about 1-2 minutes to grill the shrimp. If you use indirect heat, it will take 2-3 minutes to cook the entire shrimp, on both sides.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 160 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
These shrimp on the sticks are great with other summer recipes. For a backyard grilling and BBQ parties, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- Bamboo skewers
- 3 lbs shelled and deveined tail-on shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water. Rinse the shrimp with water, pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, melted butter, salt, cayenne pepper and lemon juice together. Save some for grilling. Combine the shrimp and the garlic butter mixture together. Thread three shrimps onto each bamboo skewers.
- Grill the shrimp on a grill. Brush the garlic butter mixture on both sides while grilling. Serve immediately.
You may bake the shrimp in an oven at 400F for about 8 minutes or until they are cooked.
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 48mgSodium 49mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g