Lemongrass grilled shrimp – delicious grilled shrimp with exotic lemongrass flavors, quick and easy recipe!
Lemongrass and Sriracha Grilled Shrimp
Lemongrass and Sriracha Grilled Shrimp – Delicious and fast Vietnamese-style lemongrass grilled shrimp recipe that takes only 30 mins to make.
How’s your summer so far?
I hope everyone has been busy firing out your grill, having endless pool parties, and more importantly, having a blast with your friends and family.
If you’re looking for new barbeque recipes and ideas, I wish to tempt you with my upcoming Asian-style BBQ recipes.
Let’s start with this mouthwatering lemongrass grilled shrimp, spiced with Sriracha, and marinated with fish sauce, garlic, and jazzed up with a chili-calamansi (or lime) dipping sauce.
Sounds so good already, right?
But wait, my next two posts are Thai Chicken satay with peanut sauce and lobster roll!
The highlight of the recipe is lemongrass—which imparts the distinct aroma and unique flavor to the grilled shrimp skewers.
The fish sauce and garlic marinade further enhance the briny sweet taste of the fresh shrimp, and the spicy Sriracha lends that extra kick that everyone has grown to love.
Mr. Rasa Malaysia (who is unfortunately allergic to shrimp) kept saying “smell so good” as I eagerly removed the lemongrass grilled shrimp from my new grill.
My friend gave me some fresh calamansi and I squeezed a little lit of the juice on the shrimp before serving….heavenly.
You simply can’t go wrong with this lemongrass and Sriracha grilled shrimp recipe; I can say that very few grilled shrimp recipes tops this one.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 77 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) tiger prawn or jumbo prawn, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 6 metal skewers or bamboo kewers, soak in water before using
- oil, for brushing
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lemongrass, white part only, grated
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 big clove garlic, finely minced
Chili-Calamansi Dipping Sauce (optional):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 small calamansi, extract the juice (or 1 wedge lime)
- Clean the shrimp with cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels and transfer the shrimp into a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients in the Marinade into the bowl. Stir to combine well with the shrimp. Marinate for 15 minutes. Thread three shrimp into each skewer. Brush the surface of the shrimp with some oil. Grill the shrimp on both sides until they are charred and cooked through. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce (optional).
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 77Unsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 95mgSodium 1125mgCarbohydrates 6gSugar 4gProtein 10g