Chicken Wings Recipe
I love chicken wings so much that I can eat them every day. Today, I have an easy chicken wings recipe to share with you. Vietnamese chicken wings have gained a lot of popularity in recent years.
They are tasty, with a sticky and savory marinade, making these oven baked wings the best chicken wings ever!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Vietnamese Chicken Wings
The marinade calls for only four (4) simple ingredient:
- Fish sauce. The wings are marinated with fish sauce, a staple in ingredient in Vietnamese cooking.
- Ground black pepper
You can get fish sauce at Whole Foods and regular supermarkets. Even though fish sauce might smell pungent, it lends amazing flavors to food, especially to chicken wings.
Marinate the chicken wings (drummettes and wingettes) with the ingredients above and bake them in the oven.
How Long to Bake Chicken Wings
Bake chicken wings at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, for 30 minutes to make sure the skin is crispy and inside of the chicken wings stay moist and juicy. Try the recipe, you will love it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Temperature to Bake Chicken Wings?
You can also bake the chicken wings at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the wings.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
These Vietnamese chicken wings are only 538 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served as an appetizer. They are also great as a main dish for dinner. For a healthy Asian meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. (0.6 kg-1 kg) chicken wings
- 8 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Rinse the chicken wings with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Transfer the chicken to a big bowl or a Ziplock bag.
- In a bowl, add the garlic, fish sauce, sugar and ground black pepper together. Stir to mix well.
- Add the marinade to the chicken wings, combine well so the chicken wings are well coated with the marinade. Marinate the chicken wings for two hours or best overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown. Top with the crushed peanuts and cilantro and serve immediately.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 538Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 204mgSodium 850mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 50g