How to Prepare Bok Choy
Bok choy is a superfood vegetable. This garlic mushroom bok choy is a healthy, easy, quick recipe to feel good all year long. Other methods of preparing bok choy are garlic bok choy stir fry or oven roasted.
With everyone trying to be healthier these days, this is the perfect recipe to add to your dinner rotation.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Garlic Mushroom Bok Choy
This is a no-fuss, insanely good recipe that involves only 3 main ingredients:
- Bok choy
How Long Does It Take to Stir Fry Bok Choy?
This recipe takes only 10 minutes to make. 8 minutes prep time and 2 minutes cook time in a skillet.
Bok choy is crisp and crunchy with leafy green leaves; they take 1-2 minutes to stir fry. DO NOT overcook.
All you need for the seasoning is a pinch of salt and you will have a wonderfully tasty veggie dish that goes well with just about anything.
How to Cook Bok Choy?
This recipe is easy to make. You can be creative with this dish and use any kinds of mushrooms to cook bok choy: white, cremini, oyster, enoki, buna shimeji, king trumpet mushrooms, etc.
You can also combine a few types of mushrooms to stir fry. It’s totally up to you but the end result will always be delectable.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 135 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This meal is best served with main dishes. For a wholesome Chinese meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Garlic Mushroom Bok Choy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms (stem removed and sliced)
- 10 oz. bok choy (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Rinse the bok choy with cold water, drained. Cut and remove the lower part of the bok choy stems. Cut the (bigger) leaves lengthwise to halves. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok or pan on high heat. Add the oil until heated, then add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the mushroom, do a few quick stirs before adding the bok choy.
- Add salt and continue to stir fry until the leaves are wilted, but the stems remain crisp. Turn off the heat and serve the garlic mushroom bok choy immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Oh I’m about to hook this up for my Husband and I tonight.I’m going to add shrimp.