Singapore Rice Noodles
What are Singapore noodles?
I am sure many of you have tried Singapore style noodles in Chinese/Cantonese restaurants here in the United States.
This noodle recipe do not come from Singapore; if you go to Singapore, you will never find these noodles there.
I believe the dish is a Chinese/Cantonese creation, probably invented by Chinese or Cantonese chefs in Hong Kong or United States.
It’s basically a stir-fried rice noodle dish made of rice vermicelli, curry powder, with chicken, pork, shrimp, vegetables and eggs as the toppings.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Singapore Noodles Recipe
This recipe is very easy to make at home. The recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Rice noodles (vermicelli)
- Boneless chicken breast
- Bean sprouts
- Bell Pepper
- Oyster sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Singapore Noodles Taste Like?
Because of the curry powder used in the recipe, the noodles taste spicy.
What Type of Noodles To Use?
The noodles used in the recipe is rice noodles or rice vermicelli. They are also called “Mai Fun” (Cantonese spelling).
You can get the noodles in the international food aisle at many food stores.
If you can’t find them at your store, you will be able to find them at Asian food stores or online.
Are Rice Noodles Vegan?
Yes, rice noodles are made of rice flour and water. The noodles are vegan and keto friendly.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 355 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this stir-fried curry noodles as a main dish or with other side dishes. For Chinese meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 oz rice sticks, rice vermicelli
- 4 oz boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlicm minced
- 4 oz onion (1/2)
- 2 oz red bell pepper
- 6 oz shelled and deveined shrimp
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 oz bean sprout (170 g)
- 3 stalks scallion, cut into two-inch lengths
- Soak the rice sticks (rice vermicelli) in warm water, for about 20-30 minutes, or until they become soft. Strain in a colander.
- Coat the chicken with the cornstarch. Set aside. Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the garlic, onion, bell peppers and stir fry until aromatic. Add the chicken and shrimp, stir-fry until they change color. Add the rice sticks, stir to combine well with all the ingredients, for 1 minute. Use the spatula to push the noodles to one side of the wok or skillet. Add the eggs and let cook for about 1 minute or until the bottom sets. Fold the noodles over the eggs, add the bean sprouts, the Sauce and scallions. Stir continuously until everything is well combined.
- Turn off the heat and serve the noodles immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 414mgSodium 1963mgCarbohydrates 94gFiber 6gSugar 11gProtein 44g