When it comes to cooking Chinese vegetables, simple is best. There is no need for a complicated recipe. The key to success with Chinese greens is freshness—you want to just barely cook them with the most basic ingredients.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Best Bok Choy Recipe
Baby bok choy is a great with just about anything, for example: garlic bok choy.
This is one of the best bok choy recipes. All you need are chopped garlic, baby shrimp and a pinch of salt. The recipe pairs well with any Chinese recipes. It’s healthy and delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Healthy?
This vegetable is a super food with loads of benefits, for example: preventing cancer cell formation, high in vitamin C, improve immune system, prevent cell damage. It’s also a powerful anti-oxidant.
Is Baby Bok Choy the Same As Bok Choy?
Yes, they are both the same. They are mildly bitter green leafy vegetables and part of the Chinese cabbage family.
Baby bok choy refers to smaller variety with small stems and tender green leafs. They take only a minute to cook on a skillet. They are one of my favorite vegetables.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 45 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This recipe is best served with steamed rice or a main dish. For a wholesome Chinese meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Baby Bok Choy with Shrimp
- 4 oz. bok choy or baby bok choy, cleaned and rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup peeled baby shrimps
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- Heat up a wok with the cooking oil and saute the chopped garlic until light brown or aromatic. Add the baby shrimps and stir-fry until the shrimps are half-cooked.
- Add in a pinch of salt to the shrimp, and then follow by the baby bok choy. Quickly stir-fry the vegetables, dish out and serve hot.
- Do not overcook your vegetables. They should retain the vitality and crunchiness.
- Please check out my Chinese greens with oyster sauce recipe.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Is the shrimp cooked or uncooked?
Most baby shirmp (shirmp salad) is precooked and peeled when buying.