You Asked for It – Hot and Sour Soup!
Many readers have emailed me and requested for Chinese hot and sour soup for the longest time, so I am really excited to be sharing this super easy hot and sour soup recipe that anyone can make at home.
This recipe takes only 15 minutes from prep to finish and you’ll have a pot of warm, hearty and utterly delicious soup that tastes like it’s straight from your favorite Chinese restaurants.
For those wondering, “What is hot and sour soup?” You might be wondering what is it made of and what ingredients are in hot and sour soup that actually makes it hot and sour.
How to Make Hot and Sour Soup
My recipe is very easy and quick. It calls for a few simple ingredients:
- Chicken or vegetable stock.
- There are two seasonings to bring out the iconic flavors of hot and sour soup: soy sauce and vinegar.
- If you like it spicy, you can add some dried chili flakes or chili oil into the soup.
Tips on How to Cook Hot and Sour Soup?
I like Panda Express Hot and Sour Soup so here are the secrets techniques and tips that yield Chinese restaurant’s results:
- DO NOT USE WHISK. This is the biggest mistake when it comes to making Chinese soups. We do not whisk beaten eggs in the soup. The eggs should form into nice, beautiful and silky pieces. The key is to cook the eggs after the heat is turned off.
- Gently swirl the beaten eggs into the soup, stir a few times with a pair of chopsticks.
- Corn starch thickens the soup but do not use too much of it. You want a soup that has a slightly sticky consistency but still runny.
Serve Hot and Sour Soup with:
For a wholesome Chinese dinner, make the following dishes.
Complete Meal Plan
Is hot and sour soup health? Yes, absolutely. Try my recipe, it’s only 99 calories and I am sure you will love it!
Other Recipes You Might Like