Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
Crispy baked chicken wings in an easy and addictive sweet and sour sauce. There is no deep frying, fuss free and this recipe yields the best chicken wings ever!
Other Recipes You Might Like
I love chicken wings but I don’t like the hassle of deep frying. So I baked the chicken wings in the oven.
I love Chinese sweet and sour sauce so when you combine the two ingredients together, you get a serving of mouthwatering chicken wings that you can whip up easily at the comfort of your home.
There is no need to deep-fry the chicken wings. This recipe is easy, no hassle as the wings are baked in the oven until crispy. You get almost the same texture as deep-frying, but much healthier and with no grease.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
While the chicken wings are baked in the oven, prepare the homemade sweet and sour sauce. I used the most basic ingredients for the sauce, so there is no need to rush to Asian stores.
The sweet and sour sauce calls for ketchup, soy sauce, Sriracha and sugar. That’s all.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 370 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings Recipe
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings - crispy oven-baked chicken wings with homemade sweet and sour sauce. These wings are addictive and delicious.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken wings, drumettes and middle sections
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- white sesame
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the oil, salt and ground black pepper. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and then place a baking rack on top. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack, as pictured below.
- 3Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked and crispy, about 45 to 50 minutes. Make sure you keep checking on them.
- 4Mix all the ingredients in the Sweet and Sour Sauce in a sauce pan. Heat it up until it thickens and slightly bubbles. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- 5When the chicken are done, transfer them out of the oven and add them to the Sweet and Sour Sauce. Toss a few times to coat well. Top the chicken wings with some white sesame. Serve immediately.