It’s that time of year when all the sport enthusiasts and football fans are glued to their TV cheering for their team and watching football game.
I see my friends’ updates on the social media all the time, watching the games, trash talking, eating, and then share their game day experiences online.
I always wonder what they eat while they watch the game? Are they having killer chicken wings?
That leads and motivates me to post some chicken wings recipes here, to share with all you American football fans out there.
For those who are not into the game, don’t fret, these wings are great any time of the week, and any day of the year. Come to think about it, I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t like chicken wings.
I love them; in fact, the wings are my absolute favorite part of the entire chicken!
Other Recipes You Might Like
These honey BBQ chicken wings are inspired by my favorite chicken wings joint Buffalo Wild Wings. Call me lucky but Buffalo Wild Wings is practically across from my old home, so we would go there and load up a bunch of wings almost every weekend.
Little G is a big fan…of the Mac and Cheese there but we are hooked on their wings. One of our favorite wings there are the honey BBQ wings.
Sticky sweet with honey and BBQ sauce…very simple but yet so utterly delicious. I can easily have the whole order to myself.
The best thing about my honey BBQ chicken wings recipe is that there is no deep-frying. Yes! You pretty much just shove the chicken wings in the oven and bake at high heat (400F) until they become super crispy.
Then you toss them into a honey BBQ sauce (mix honey, BBQ sauce and Sriracha sauce) together. The Sriracha chili sauce is optional but I like some heat and fiery kick in my wings.
Anyway, this is the EASIEST chicken wings ever and takes only three (3) ingredients. You can just sit in front of your TV while the oven does all the work.
When there is a TV commercial break, you toss the wings with the sauce and eat them right in front of TV.
Jan/Feb is great because of chicken wings, and my honey BBQ chicken wings will make Jan/Feb even better for you!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 317 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 lbs (1kg) frozen party wings, thawed
- ground black pepper
Honey BBQ Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with some salt and black pepper. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and then place a baking rack on top. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack, as pictured below.
- Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked and crispy, about 45 to 50 minutes. Make sure you keep checking on them.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Honey BBQ Sauce in big bowl.
- When the chicken are done, transfer them out of the oven and add to the Honey BBQ Sauce. Toss a few times to coat well. Serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 94mgSodium 269mgCarbohydrates 11gSugar 10gProtein 22g