Sticky Honey Soy Chicken Wings
I love these gorgeous and absolutely scrumptious honey soy chicken wings. I chanced upon a similar recipe from a Taiwanese cookbook in my good friend’s home and that inspired me to make these wings.
Therefore, this is my version of these chicken wings using
- Soy sauce
How To Make Honey Soy Chicken Wings
First you marinate the chicken wings, then you bake them in the oven.
During the baking process, you glaze it with the honey soy sauce a couple of times so the chicken wings soak up all the goodness of the glaze. Do it a couple of times and you are good to go.
These chicken wings are delicious and can be served any day, occasions, and great for parties. The taste is absolutely savory, sticky sweet (in a good way) and finger-licking good.
If you love chicken wings, you would love them.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 501 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Honey Soy Chicken Wings Recipe
Honey Soy Chicken Wings - sweet and sticky wings with honey and soy sauce glaze and baked in oven. Quick and no-fuss everyday recipe!
- 1 to 2 lbs chicken wings, drummettes, mid section, or both
- white sesame
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking sake or rice wine 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 scallion, cut into strips
- 3 dashes black pepper powder
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and coarsely diced
- 1Clean the chicken wings thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Add all the Marinade ingredients to the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2Heat up all the ingredients in the Glaze on low heat, stir and when it thickens, it's ready to use.
- 3Heat up the oven to 400F. Bake the chicken wings for 10 minutes, and then brush the glaze, and then bake again for 10 minutes. Repeat again with the glaze and bake for another 10-12 minutes until the surface slightly brown and charred. Remove from the oven, topped with some sesame seeds and serve immediately.
You may marinate the chicken for 2 hours or overnight for better taste.