Garlic noodles is my favorite noodles all these years. There is nothing not to love about Asian noodles tossed with lots of garlic, butter, Parmesan cheese, with savory Asian sauces. It’s one of the most requested dishes on my dinner table!
Other Recipes You Might Like
I learned to make Garlic Noodles after I tried it out at the famous Vietnamese Thanh Long restaurant in San Francisco and Crustacean in Beverly Hills.
Both are sister restaurants and their main draws are roasted crab and garlic noodles, which are utterly delicious. I was instantly hooked and developed this easy homemade garlic noodles recipe.
For the best result, use Asian noodles such as yellow noodles from Asian stores. But pasta such as spaghetti or linguine works just fine. You can eat the garlic noodles plain or serve it with roasted crab (try my recipe!).
You can also serve the noodles with garlic shrimp. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 304 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Garlic Noodles (The Best!)
- 20 oz. yellow noodles or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon bottled grated Parmesan cheese
- water (for boiling the noodles)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Maggie seasoning sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Rinse the yellow noodles with running water to discard the oil from the noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a pot of water until boiling. Add the noodles into the boiling water and cook the noodles until al dente (you want it to still have a good chewy bite), or for a few minutes. You can taste the texture of the noodles while cooking. Do not overcook as the noodles will turn soggy. Transfer the noodles out and drain dry.
- Prepare the Garlic Sauce using a saute pan on medium to low heat. Add the butter into the pan and when it melts, add the garlic and saute until aromatic but not browned. Add all the seasonings into the pan, stir to combine well. Transfer the garlic sauce into a small bowl.
- To serve, just toss all the noodles with the garlic sauce. Add the Parmesan cheese, toss to combine well. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I was looking for something quick and easy and this recipe showed up. Excellent flavor. I decided 2 tablespoons of minced garlic were not enough and added an additional tablespoon of garlic. Very tasty.
I’ve eating at An Family restaurants several times over the years and the garlic noodles are a all time favorite. I’ve tried recreating the recipe but it always fell short.
This recipe however is outstanding and like being transported to Thanh Long but better because they’re made at home and you can control ingredients. I used Fresh Chinese style egg noodles from 99 ranch. Soooooooo good!
This was so easy to make and it taste amazing!! I paired this with the ginger and scallion crab recipe from Rasamalaysia as well. Perfect combination!!
Delicious my favorite
This is the BEST garlic noodles ever!
Absolutely delicious. I’d probably pare back the butter a bit. I served this with roast Chinese pork and sugar snap peas. Gorgeous!
Wow this was so freaking delicious with some garlic bok choy on the side. It’s the perfect comfort dinner. I ended up using spaghetti cooked al dente, it was perfect.
Do you have a recommendation for any gluten free noodles?
Sorry but I don’t!
I used gluten-free ramen noodles with this recipe and it was delicious . I also used gluten-free oyster and fish sauce
What is Maggie seasoning?
It’s a seasoning sauce…just Google Maggi.
I just made it and my husband and I both tried it before even plating it. We both literally said “oh my god!! This is amazing!” And yes, it was AMAZING!!!!
It’s basically Soy Sauce
I want to make these for a large crowd. Can the sauce be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator?
If you put it together in advance will it reheat well?
This is absolutely wonderful! It’s so flavourful yet so simple.
I made this using spaghetti noodles (make sure to cook it al dente!), and omitted the parmesan cheese, and it turned out perfect!
Thank you for this wonderful recipe!
These garlic noodles are off the chain! They can compete any day with garlic noodles at a restaurant very famous in San Francisco. Very easy to make as well and the ingredients are available at your local grocery store.