The Best Way to Cook Brussels Sprouts
Let’s talk about brussels sprouts. I absolutely love brussels sprouts, especially when they are sauteed with crispy garlic.
They are healthy and available all year long in my supermarkets, and I love the nice crunch and texture of brussels sprouts.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
One of the easiest recipes to make over the stove top is to pan fry or saute brussels sprouts on a skillet, with butter or cooking oil. You don’t need to roast in the oven, so there is no pre-heating and roasting time.
I learned this recipe from my favorite restaurant; it takes 15 minutes and the taste is absolutely delightful.
First, you prepare the crispy garlic. The crispy garlic bits are fried in cooking oil, and the aromatic garlic-infused cooking oil is then used to saute the brussels sprouts in the skillet.
I prefer the cast-iron skillet for this simple saute as the heat from the cast iron makes the outer layers of the brussels sprouts crispy!
Chicken Bouillon Powder is the Secret Ingredient
If you haven’t used chicken bouillon powder, you need to stock it up pronto.
Brussels sprouts are very mild and plain in taste, so salt and pepper are not going to cut it if you want an extremely delicious side dish.
This is when the chicken bouillon powder comes into play. It adds umami and amazing flavors to the main ingredients. This is what top chefs use in restaurants!
A Great Side Dish
This is a great side dish and goes well with almost anything. Try this recipe and I will assure you that brussels sprouts will become your new favorite vegetable. Enjoy!
Serve Crispy Garlic Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 116 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb. (0.4kg) Brussels sprouts, bottom trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder, norr® Granulated Bouillon Chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Mince the garlic and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) with the oil on medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and saute until they turn crispy and brown. Make sure you don't burn the garlic.
- Drain the garlic and oil IMMEDIATELY through a strainer. Separate the crispy garlic and the garlic-infused oil.
- Add the oil back into the skillet on high heat. When the skillet is very hot, add the brussel sprouts and quickly saute. Toss back and forth with a spatula. The outer leaves of the brussels sprouts should turn dark and crispy.
- Add the crispy garlic, chicken bouillon powder and salt. Stir to combine well with the brussels sprouts. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
You can buy Knorr Granulated Bouillon Chicken at supermarkets, Target or another stores.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 379mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 4g