One of my favorite vegetables is brussels sprouts. They are loaded with protein and vitamins and one of the easiest vegetables to make.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Garlic-Prosciutto Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Parmesan and Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Previously, I shared my Garlic-Prosciutto Brussels Sprouts recipe; it’s something that I make over and over again for the family.
This sweet chili brussels sprouts recipe is another family’s favorite. The reason is simple: we all love Thai sweet chili sauce and I love using it to jazz up simple ingredients into something delicious and exotic.
Brussels sprouts don’t have a lot of flavors so the sweet chili sauce and lime juice lend a nice tang and gentle heat to the dish. I love it that the brussels sprouts are nicely charred during the cooking process, making it an absolutely delightful side to serve.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 195 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb (500g) brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- 4 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat up a skillet and add oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic. Add the brussels sprouts and saute until slightly caramelized.
- Add the Thai sweet chili sauce, water, lime juice and salt. Continue to cook the brussels sprouts until nicely caramelized. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.