I am so excited that it’s almost Spring.
I am not sure about you, I am so done with dark, wet and gloomy weather, and I have had enough of cold temperature and winter blues.
I am ready for some sun and warmth.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Garlic-Prosciutto Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
To celebrate the upcoming Spring, which officially arrive in less than 3 weeks, I am sharing with you a healthy and absolutely amazing dish, this easy 15-minute garlic Parmesan and bacon Brussels sprouts.
Even though Brussels sprouts is a winter to spring vegetable, you will see a lot more of them going into early spring.
I love the flavor combination of this recipe.
First you saute the bacon into crispy bits, then you add in garlic and the Brussels sprouts.
They taste great as is but if you complete the dish with some Parmesan cheese, salt and ground black pepper, it turns into something utterly delicious.
Try my recipe and I am sure you will love it.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 198 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz. (340 g) Brussels Sprouts, stem trimmed and sliced into halves
- salt, to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, in bottle
- In a skillet (cast-iron preferred), cook the bacon on medium heat until they become slightly crispy. Push the bacon to one side and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and saute a few times before adding the Brussels sprouts. Cook the Brussels Sprouts until the white parts become brown, then turn over and cook the other side.
- Add a good pinch of salt, black pepper and the Parmesan cheese. Toss and stir a few times, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 16mgSodium 227mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 7g