Fall is in full swing and it’s time to make some easy and delicious Fall vegetable recipes, such as brussels sprouts, butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts
Let’s start with brussels sprouts. I am just so happy that my picky 5-year old is actually partial to brussels sprouts. It’s one of the very few vegetable he would eat but he has been liking it since he was 2 years old.
One of the easiest way to make brussels sprouts is roasted in the oven or sauteed on a skillet.
For me, I like the combination of both. I usually start off in the skillet on the stove top and then transfer to the oven to quickly roast it.
I find it faster and better to roast my brussels sprouts the way I do, another plus, by cooking it on the stove top first, I can add in ingredients such as prosciutto or bacon, which adds a lot of flavors and nuance to this simple dish. Double win!
For the doneness, it all depends on your personal liking. I like my brussels sprouts to have a bit of a bite, still somewhat firm and crunchy, so adjust your roasting time in the oven to your desired texture.
This garlic-prosciutto brussels sprouts make a perfect side dish for dinners and special holiday occasions.
Serve Garlic-Prosciutto Brussels Sprouts with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 225 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 oz prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 2 - 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 oz brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves discarded
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add a little bit of melted butter to a skillet, saute the prosciutto until they become crispy. Using the spatula, pushing them one side of the skillet.
- Add the remaining butter and saute the garlic until aromatic and slightly browned. Add the brussels sprouts and stir to combine well with the prosciutto. Add salt and black pepper. If it's too dry, add another tablespoon melted butter.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven, and roast for 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
You may use bacon instead of prosciutto.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 225Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 11gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 47mgSodium 117mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 5g