The Best Brussel Sprouts
I love that brussel sprouts are so easy to make with just the simplest ingredients, such as this Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts.
They look so adorable and they are healthy as a side dish.
Honey and Balsamic vinegar are two ingredients that pair so well together.
The sweetness of the honey balances off the tartness of the vinegar.
When they are combined together in a simple dish, they lend so much flavors and nuance to the main ingredient, be it protein (for example: honey balsamic chicken) or Brussels Sprouts.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- To jazz up my simple dish, I added some Tahini to the Brussels Sprouts. It’s optional and you don’t have to use it.
- Make sure to slice the Brussel Sprouts into halves and cook until they are slightly toasted.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of eating Brussels sprouts?
Brussel sprouts are rich in antioxidants and nutrients. They are also high in fiber and are especially good for you.
How many calories?
This recipe has 156 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served as a side dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini, (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Trim the stems of the Brussels sprouts. Slice them into halves.
- In a small bowl, add the honey, Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar, tahini (if using) and salt together. Whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and saute the garlic until light brown. Add the Brussels sprouts, flat-side down first and cook until the surface turns golden brown. Turn over and cook the other side. Add the honey balsamic mixture into the skillet, stir to combine well with the Brussels sprouts. As soon as the mixture becomes thicker, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 176mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 4g