My family friend V recently bought an Instant Pot and she has been raving to me about the ease of use and that everything gets cooked in a very short time. More importantly, the foods actually taste very good.
I bought myself an Instant Pot, and I love it, especially on those busy weeknights when I have to make dinner for the entire family!
Other Recipes You Might Like
This Hawaiian Kalua Pork is the first recipe I attempted with the pressure cooker and it was fast, delicious and everyone loved it, including picky eater little G.
He enjoyed the Kalua pork so much that he made sure I packed it for his school lunch, now this doesn’t happen that often.
I love the simplicity of the recipe as it calls for very few ingredients. I did jazz up the original recipe a bit to make it more flavorful.
The pork is tender, juicy, perfectly cooked and bursting with flavors and I had only one pot to clean after dinner.
I am excited to use my Instant Pot again, and I would love to share more pressure cooker recipes with you all.
Please leave me a comment and tell me that if you have an Instant Pot and if you wish to see more recipes from me.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 358 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 lbs (1kg) pork roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Wright's Hickory Liquid Smoke
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- Select Browning and add the oil to the cooking pot. When it's hot, brown the pork on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter when browned.
- Turn pressure cooker off and add the water, liquid smoke, soy sauce and brown sugar to the cooking pot. Add the pork and its juice juices to the pot. Sprinkle the salt over the top of the pork.
- Select High Pressure and set timer for 60 minutes. When it beeps, use a natural pressure release to release the pressure, for about 20 minutes. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully.
- Remove the meat from the pressure cooker and shred with two forks. Serve immediately with some steamed rice.
Recipe source: Pressure Cooking Today
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 143mgSodium 1506mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 52g