Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe
I developed this Thai sweet chili sauce chicken because I love crispy chicken with sticky sweet sauce.
My recipe is so easy, delicious and picky eater friendly.
I assure you that everyone will love this dish!
Sweet Chili Sauce
I love Thai recipes and I am addicted to Thai sweet chili sauce.
This sweet, sticky, slightly spicy, orange-color sauce goes well with just about anything:
There are endless ways to use the sauce in a variety of Asian recipes.
How to Make Sweet Chili Chicken?
This recipe calls for a few simple steps. First, cut the chicken into pieces.
Next, prepare the batter and coat the chicken pieces with the batter.
Finally, deep fry the crispy chicken and stir fry in the wok or skillet with some minced garlic, sweet chili sauce and lime juice.
To serve, garnish and top the chicken with sesame seeds, chopped cilantro and you have a winner chicken dinner!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 282 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with steamed rice. For a wholesome Thai meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) skinless boneless chicken breast/thigh, cut into small pieces
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water, ice cold
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all the ingredients for the Batter until well combine. Add the chicken into the batter.
- Heat up a wok/skillet with about two inches of oil. As soon as the oil is fully heated, deep-fry the chicken until golden brown. Transfer the chicken out to a dish lined with paper towels to sock up the excess oil.
- Clean the wok/skillet and heat it up on medium heat. Add the oil and stir-fry the garlic until aromatic. Transfer the fried chicken into the wok, follow by the sweet chili sauce, lime juice and salt. Stir to coat the chicken well with the sweet chili sauce.
- Dish out, garnish with the white sesame and cilantro leave. Serve immediately.
Watch the cooking video on this page for step-by-step guide.
You can buy Thai sweet chili sauce from regular supermarket in the Asian food aisle, or any Asian food stores.
Serving Size3 People
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 108mgSodium 362mgCarbohydrates 38gProtein 25g