The Best Thai Chicken
I love Thai recipes and I am addicted to sweet chili sauce…the sticky sweet, gooey, with a tint of heat orange-color sauce that goes so well on everything!
Other Recipes with Sweet Chili Sauce:
Sweet Chili Chicken
I developed this sweet chili chicken recipe because I love the idea of crispy chicken with the sauce.
My recipe is so easy. Take some chicken, cut into pieces, battered, deep-fried and then toss and stir fry in the wok or skillet with some garlic, sweet chili sauce and lime juice.
To serve, garnish and top with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro and you have a quick, easy, and delicious dish.
This recipe is picky eater friendly, as my son actually asked to try this dish. He ate so many pieces of the chicken without even realizing that he was eating spicy chilies!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 282 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with steamed rice. For a wholesome Thai meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Add this sweet chili chicken to your daily menu if you love Asian food. It’s utterly delicious, appetizing, and so good. Try the recipe and I am very sure you will thank me!
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken recipe with sticky, sweet and savory sweet chili sauce. This Thai chicken is so good you will want to lick the plate!
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breast/thigh, cut into small pieces
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water, ice cold
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Mix all the ingredients for the Batter until well combine. Add the chicken into the batter.
- 2Heat up a wok/skillet with about two inches of oil. As soon as the oil is fully heated, deep-fry the chicken until golden brown. Transfer the chicken out to a dish lined with paper towels to sock up the excess oil.
- 3Clean the wok/skillet and heat it up on medium heat. Add the oil and stir-fry the garlic until aromatic. Transfer the fried chicken into the wok, follow by the sweet chili sauce, lime juice and salt. Stir to coat the chicken well with the sweet chili sauce.
- 4Dish out, garnish with the white sesame and cilantro leave. Serve immediately.
You can buy Thai sweet chili sauce from regular supermarket in the Asian food aisle, or any Asian food stores.