I love shrimp, especially when I cook shrimp with chili.
This chili shrimp recipe is made of shrimp, Thai sweet chili sauce and lime.
To spice up the heat level, I added some Roaster brand chili garlic sauce.
The shrimp is spicy, sticky, sweet and savory, with the citrusy tang of lime juice.
This recipe takes only 15 minutes to make for dinner and probably the best shrimp recipe you can make in a jiffy.
It really is finger-lickin’ good!
Other Recipes You Might Like
This recipe calls for the following main ingredients:
- Shelled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
- Sweet chili sauce
- Rooster brand chili garlic sauce
I love the flavor of chili and lime, they make this shrimp dinner so appetizing and delicious.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 206 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish with main dishes and side dishes. For a healthy Asian meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Sweet Chili Shrimp
- 10 oz. shelled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley leaves (for garnishing)
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (Rooster brand)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat up a skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil. Pan-sear the shrimp on both sides until slightly brown. Remove from the skillet.
- Clean the skillet (optional step) and reheat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic or until slightly browned. Add the shrimp and follow by the sauce. Stir to combine well. Garnish with the cilantro or parsley leaves, serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I made this wonderful recipe last night. I added the shrimp to my salad ? with sliced cherry tomatoes and salad seasoning for a little crunch.. Topped it off with a little French dressing. The flavors blended in so well… It was delicious. Thank you for this recipe.
I tried your recipe today it was wonderful will definitely be making it again
Just cooked and tasted and sure family will love,it.
This was amazing! Quick, easy and delicious! We loved it and definitely will make again!
Awesome please try more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/
Hi! Can you just tell me if you used raw or cooked shrimp? Also do you think you could somehow do these in a crock pot or something as an appetizer? Or maybe you have another appetizer shrimp that would be better for a crock pot, Thank you so much!
Raw shrimp. Always use raw shrimp for the best flavors. Do not cook shrimp in a crock pot.