The Best Lemon Garlic Shrimp
When I was clearing out the fridge in the past few days, I was so happy to see that I have a pound of shrimp sitting in my freezer. I also have a bag of garlic, parsley leaves, one lemon, and half stick of butter.
Ideas started to flood my mind, I could have lemon garlic shrimp with all these ingredients above and I will be very happy as it is so delicious, yet so easy to make.
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Unsalted butter
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
Other Recipes You Might Like
- For the best result, use medium-sized shrimp, as bigger shrimp tend to be rubbery in texture. Peel off the shell, leave the tail on so you can actually use your hand to eat the shrimp.
- Hold it by the tail and suck the lemony, garlicky, and buttery flavors off the entire shrimp, ahhhh, you will be in shrimp heaven.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can you keep cooked shrimp in the fridge before it goes bad?
Shrimp lasts in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
How do you not overcook shrimp?
To not overcook shrimp, remove them from the heat right when the meat is the same color pink all around (no brown/grey). Perfectly cooked shrimp will be in a loose C shape while tight C shapes usually indicate overcooked shrimp.
How many calories?
This recipe has 222 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served with garlic noodles. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Lemon Garlic Shrimp - easiest and best shrimp recipe with garlic, shrimp, butter and lemon, all ready in 20 mins. Perfect as appetizer or with pasta.
- 1 lb shelled, deveined, tail-on medium-sized shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges
Rinse the shrimp thoroughly. Peel and devein the shrimp, but leave the tail-on. Drain the excess water in a colander. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and saute and garlic until aromatic, but not browned. Add the shrimp and spread on a single layer, stir to cook well. Add the cayenne pepper and lemon juice and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked. Add the parsley, stir to combine well. Dish out and serve immediately with some lemon wedges.