When it comes to making delicious Asian recipes, it’s all about the perfect balance of flavors: sweet, spicy, salty and sour.
Not all components need to present in a dish, but when it does, you’ve got the most amazing tasting food ever.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This honey sriracha chicken fits the perfect bill. It’s sticky sweet, spicy, salty, with a tint of sour. The chicken is extremely moist, juicy, delicious, bursting with bold flavors and absolutely addictive.
I found myself scraping off the sticky sauce on my skillet after I finished all the chicken. Just look at the pictures, you can’t blame me for doing that!
The best thing of all is the simplicity of the recipe. It takes 6 ingredients, nothing out of the ordinary. Chicken, honey, Sriracha, vinegar, garlic, and salt, which you already have in your fridge or pantry.
For the chicken, you can use chicken breast, thighs, drumsticks or wings. Make it for dinner tonight!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 316 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned but skin-on (12 oz /340g chicken)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- White sesame seeds, optional
Honey Sriracha Marinade:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- Whisk the Honey Sriracha Marinade together. Mix well.
- Add the garlic and the Marinade to the chicken, stir to combine well, marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat. Add the oil. Transfer the chicken to the skillet and cook on both sides, until they turn golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the remaining Marinade to the skillet, as soon as it thickens, turn off the heat, top with some sesame seeds (if using) and serve the chicken immediately.
You can bake the chicken in an oven at 375F for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. You may also grill the chicken.
Amount Per Serving Calories 316Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 29gCholesterol 221mgSodium 750mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 38g