Honey Glazed Salmon
This honey sriracha salmon recipe is adapted from The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor.
Honey sriracha is the best salmon glaze ever, the salmon is moist, juicy, with the perfect balance of sweetness and heat. It’s absolutely delicious!
One of the best ways to cook salmon is to prepare a marinade as a salmon glaze.
This salmon glaze recipe calls for the following ingredients to create the best salmon glaze ever:
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
How to Make a Glaze for Salmon?
All you have to do is mix all the glaze ingredients above, stir well and marinate the salmon in a container or a plastic bag.
For the best flavors, it’s best to keep the salmon and the glaze in the refrigerator overnight.
After cooking, the glaze yields sticky, sweet, savory, sour and spicy flavors. It also coats the salmon with a smooth, shiny coating or finish!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Maple Syrup Instead of Honey As Glaze?
Yes, you can use maple syrup as a substitute to make maple glazed salmon. Just add Sriracha or any hot sauce you like for a different recipe variation.
Can I Bake the Salmon in Oven?
Yes, you sure can. To avoid the honey being burnt in the oven, I recommend baking the salmon using parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Just wrap the salmon before baking. For a shiny glaze, you can quickly broil the salmon for 30 – 60 seconds for a glossy finish.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 336 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (225 g) salmon fillet, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Mix all the Salmon Glaze ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate the salmon with the Salmon Glaze for 30 mins, or best overnight.
- Remove the salmon from the container, reserving the marinade. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the sesame oil. Rotate the pan to coat the bottom evenly before adding the salmon, skin side down.
- Cook until the fish is browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook until the other side browns, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook until the fish is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Dish out and garnish with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles.
This honey glazed salmon recipe is loosely adapted from The Skinnytaste Cookbook.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 71mgSodium 579mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 26g