Thai sweet chili sauce is a condiment that I never run out in my kitchen. The reason is very simple; we are addicted to it and would use it on everything: sweet chili chicken, fried wontons, Thai lettuce wraps, or anything that I can dip into it.
Other Recipes You Might Like
The good news is that little G has started to eat some mildly spicy food and he doesn’t even know that he is eating chilies. He has also started to eat salmon so I paired my simple pan-seared salmon with a jazzed-up version of Thai sweet chili sauce.
I added some lime juice to the sweet chili sauce to dilute it a little bit. Lime juice is also great to remove the fishy smell on salmon, it also cuts the fatty grease from the salmon skin.
Then chop up some cilantro leaves and add some sesame seeds into the sauce. Slather the sauce on top of the salmon and you will have the easiest, most delicious, and absolutely mouthwatering salmon dish for dinner.
If you don’t want to pan sear your salmon, you may bake it in the oven. Either way, this dish comes together in practically 15 minutes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 275 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 2-3 pieces
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 tablespoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Season the salmon with a wee bit of salt and pepper. Mix the sweet chili sauce, lime juice, sesame and cilantro leaves together. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the oil on medium heat. Pan sear the salmon on both sides, until cooked. Transfer the salmon onto a serving platter, add the sweet chili sauce on top of the salmon and serve immediately.
You may bake the salmon at 450F for about 12 or 15 minutes or until they are cooked through.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 83mgSodium 293mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 30g