Cashew chicken is one of the most popular recipes on Rasa Malaysia. I first published the recipe many years ago and it’s also on my “Easy Chinese Recipes” cookbook. Over the years, I have made the recipe over and over again.
Recently I chanced upon a Honey Cashew Chicken recipe here, which is such a wonderful variation so I decided to adapt the recipe for our family’s dinner.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Honey cashew chicken, as the name stated, it’s an Asian stir-fry dish with cashew nuts, chicken, and honey.
Toss in some healthy broccoli and red bell pepper, flavor it with regular pantry items of honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and you have the most amazing, delicious, and wholesome meal for the entire family.
My almost 4-year old son is a super picky eater. He knows exactly what he likes and doesn’t like. This honey cashew chicken recipe totally fits his picky palate because he loves cashew nuts, broccoli, and honey.
He doesn’t like chicken, but when the chicken is combined with his favorite ingredients, he would happily eat it, without complaining about “I don’t want chicken, I don’t want chicken.”
Well, if you have a little picky eater at home, I am sure you know the drill, but this recipe does the magic for me.
The best thing about this honey cashew chicken is how accessible it is to busy moms and home cooks. You don’t need to go to Chinatown or Asian stores for special ingredients.
You can get all the ingredients at your regular grocery stores but still make an authentic and mouthwatering Asian dish at home.
It tastes so MUCH better than the greasy and unhealthy takeout, and you can practically make it in less than 20 minutes from prep to finish!
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 small red bell pepper (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashew nuts
- Marinate the chicken with the cornstarch for 5 minutes. This will make the chicken tender.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together, stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the oil. When it's heated, add the garlic and stir-fry a few times before adding the chicken. Stir-fry the chicken until the surface turns white, then add in the broccoli, bell pepper, and cashew nuts.
- Stir to combine well before adding the Sauce. Continue to stir fry until the chicken is cooked or the sauce thickens, dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.