I love Thai cashew chicken and we have a favorite ones from our neighborhood’s Thai restaurant.
We never miss out ordering this dish.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Served with steamed white rice, Thai cashew chicken is so good that even picky eater little G likes it.
This Thai cashew chicken recipe is very easy and you don’t need a ton of “exotic” ingredients.
All ingredients can be found at regular super markets.
The only ingredient that is “ethnic” is fish sauce, which you can easily get from Whole Foods and bigger food stores these days.
You can’t make authentic Thai recipes without using fish sauce.
The smell might be pungent but it adds so much flavors to Thai (and Vietnamese) dishes.
Try my recipe and I can assure you that it’s better than your favorite Thai restaurants.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 411 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Thai Cashew Chicken
- 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 small onion (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 small red bell pepper (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 small green bell pepper (cut into pieces)
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts
- 2 stalks scallion (cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste
- 4 tablespoons water
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together. Make sure the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the oil on high heat. When the skillet is heated, add the chicken and cook until both sides turn slightly brown. Push the chicken to one side of the skillet and make sure that the other side has the oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute for 30 seconds. Add the bell peppers and cashew nuts. Toss and stir fry with the chicken before adding the Sauce. Add the scallion, stir to combine well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I just made this last night and it is so, so good! Thank you for another great recipe. Easy to follow, quick to make and delicious! Also good reheated the next day if you have leftovers. This is going into my recipe rotation. Better than my local restaurant, by far.
Best recipe I’ve made it over and over again, my boys love it
Awesome! Please try more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/