I love Thai cashew chicken and we have a favorite ones from our neighborhood’s Thai restaurant.
We never miss out ordering this dish.
Served with steamed white rice, Thai cashew chicken is so good that even picky eater little G likes it.
This Thai cashew chicken recipe is very easy and you don’t need a ton of “exotic” ingredients.
All ingredients can be found at regular super markets.
The only ingredient that is “ethnic” is fish sauce, which you can easily get from Whole Foods and bigger food stores these days.
You can’t make authentic Thai recipes without using fish sauce.
The smell might be pungent but it adds so much flavors to Thai (and Vietnamese) dishes.
Try my recipe and I can assure you that it’s better than your favorite Thai restaurants.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 411 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 10 oz. (280g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, cut into pieces
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts
- 2 stalks scallion, cut into strips
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together. Make sure the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the oil on high heat. When the skillet is heated, add the chicken and cook until both sides turn slightly brown. Push the chicken to one side of the skillet and make sure that the other side has the oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute for 30 seconds. Add the bell peppers and cashew nuts. Toss and stir fry with the chicken before adding the Sauce. Add the scallion, stir to combine well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 411Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 60mgSodium 1160mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 8gProtein 27g