Pad Thai is a popular stir-fried rice noodle dish found in Thailand. Pad means stir-fry, so literally it means Thai stir-fry.
It’s sold by street food vendors and at casual restaurants in Thailand. I love my Pad Thai with a variety of ingredients but Chicken Pad Thai is probably the most friendly as everyone loves chicken.
Pad Thai Sauce
I have a super easy Pad Thai sauce recipe that’s made with pantry ingredients so there is no need to shop at Asian or Thai food stores.
You can make the sauce in advance and keep it in the refrigerator. My recipe calls for the following ingredients:
What Are the Noodles in Pad Thai
There are many kinds of Asian noodles in the market and it can be confusing. For Pad Thai, you want to use packaged Dry Skinny Rice Stick.
The noodles are are about 1/10” wide. There is a Dry Wide Rice Sticks which is 3/8″ wide. You can use either of them but I personally prefer the skinny version.
Method/Directions: Cook the rice sticks according to the package directions. Mix the Pad Thai sauce. Chicken Pad Thai is very easy to make at home and a crowd pleaser.
Stir fry the garlic and chicken, tofu and rice sticks. Scroll down for the detailed recipe.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 604 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) dry skinny rice sticks or Pad Thai Noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. (226 g) skinless and boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 oz. (56 g) fried tofu, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 oz. (226 g) bean sprouts
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
- 1 tablespoon crushed roasted peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Pad Thai Sauce:
- Cook the skinny rice sticks according to the package directions. Strain in a colander and run cold running water until the noodles becomes cool. Set aside to drain.
- Make the Pad Thai Sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the garlic and stir fry until aromatic. Add the chicken, tofu, and continue stirring. As soon as the chicken changes color, add the rice sticks and stir continuously, for 30 seconds. Use the spatula to push all the ingredients to one side of the wok or skillet. Add the eggs and let cook for about 1 minute or until the bottom sets. Fold the noodles over the eggs, and then add in the Sauce. Stir continuously until everything is well combined. Add the bean sprouts, scallions and do a few quick stirs. Turn off the heat and topped the noodles with the crushed peanuts. Serve the noodles immediately with the lime wedges.
If you want to make it with Shrimp, check out my Shrimp Pad Thai recipe.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 604Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 157mgSodium 1954mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 4gSugar 14gProtein 28g