Holiday and Christmas Butter Cookies
These Butter Cookies are my absolute favorite because they are the best cookies ever: extremely buttery, crumbly and practically melt in the mouth.
They are best for any holidays: Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, or any day of the year. You don’t really need a special occasion to enjoy these amazing cookies,
These buttery, crumbly, melt-in-your mouth sweet butter cookies are simply the BEST in the world, and this butter cookies recipe is my ultimate keeper.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Butter Cookies
What I love most about this recipe is the simple ingredients it calls for:
- Unsalted butter
- Egg yolk
- All-purpose flour
- Corn starch
- Vanilla essence
How to bake butter cookies? Here are the tips, tricks and secret techniques for perfect cookies every time:
- To make the cookies extra crumbly, add some Pam cooking spray to the dough. The cooking spray makes the cookies even better with melt-in-the-mouth texture. Trust me!
- Chill the cookies (after they are cut into shapes) in the fridge to form the shape. This will ensure the cookies retain the shape after baking.
- Use cookie cooker instead of cookie press for the best results. I find cookie press a hit-or-miss, it all depends on the cookie press you use. Sometimes the dough is stuck on the cookie press and it’s very hard to form the beautiful shape. With cookie cutter, you can control how the cookies look easily but cutting out the shape you desire.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 41 calories per serving.
How Long Do Butter Cookies Last?
This recipe yields about 100 cookies that can last for two weeks, if stored in an air-tight container.
Butter Cookies Recipe
This is the easiest and best butter cookies recipe ever! These butter cookies are buttery, crumbly, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. They are the perfect cookies for Christmas, holidays and everyday!
- 10 oz unsalted butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon Pam cooking spray, (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 oz + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11 oz all-purpose flour
- 4 oz cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (full cream milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream butter with Pam cooking spray (if using), sugar, egg yolk, salt and vanilla extract until fluffy. Add in the milk and mix well.
Fold in the all-purpose flour and cornstarch. Using your hands, mix until dough become soft and not stick on hands.
Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into rounds or whatever shapes you wish using cookie cutters. Assemble the scrap and roll in with the remaining dough.
Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This will firm up the dough so the cookies will maintain their shape after baking.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until cookies are lightly brown. Cool on rack. You may keep the cookies in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Use cookie cutters for the best results. DO NOT use cookie press.