Everyone loves those buttery, crispy and addictive Danish butter cookies in tin. They are my favorite butter cookies ever!
This Danish butter cookies recipe is absolutely the best and you have to try baking them!
Danish Butter Cookies Recipe
This recipe calls for only six (6) basic ingredients that you already have at home:
- Unsalted butter. Use a high quality butter such as Challenge brand (USA)
- Fine sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Cake flour
- Heavy whipping cream
The method is very straight forward and novice baker friendly. The recipe is also fail-proof.
Secret Ingredient for the Best Danish Butter Cookies
The secret ingredient is heavy whipping cream. The whipping cream lends intense milky aroma and creamy flavor to the cookies.
For the flour, cake flour makes the cookies crispier with perfect texture.
The cookies taste just like Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies in blue tin that we all love so much!
Every bite transports you to cookies heaven!
How to Make Danish Cookies?
The method is so simple and involves three (3) easy steps.
First, cream the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
Next, add in the heavy whipping cream in 3 portion.
Add the cake flour to the butter mixture to form the cookie dough.
Pipe the dough using a star nozzle. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Salted Butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter. Just skip the salt if you use salted butter.
Can I Use All-purpose Flour?
Yes, you can use all-purpose flour.
Can I Use Regular Milk or Regular Whipping Cream?
For rich, creamy and milky flavors, I strongly recommend using heavy whipping cream. You may use regular whipping cream.
If you are using milk, I suggest you use full milk.
How Many Calories per Serving?
Each cookie is 45 calories.
What to Serve with Danish Butter Cookies?
These cookies are great for holidays such as Christmas, Chinese New Year, etc. For an array of festive baking, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 125 g (4.4 oz.) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 35 g (1.2 oz.) powdered sugar
- 35 g (1.2 oz.) fine sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream
- 180 g (6.3 oz.) cake flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- In a bowl, mix together butter, powdered sugar, fine sugar and salt. Then, whisk until well combined and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the whipping cream in 3 portions, beating on low speed between each addition.
- Add the cake flour to the butter mixture. Mix well, pour into a piping bag with a star piping tip.
- Pipe out the batter on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn slightly brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days .
For the best results, please use metric measurement for this Danish Butter Cookies recipe.
If you use salted butter, you can skip salt in the recipe.
Adapted from: Penang Foodie.
Amount Per Serving Calories 45Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 8mgSodium 12mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 0g