Chinese Almond Cookies
There are all kinds of almond cookies, today I am teaching you how to make Chinese almond cookies, which are equally great, if not better!
Other Cookies Recipes:
Almond cookies are white in color, and they look almost like melting moments cookies, but they have a tint of almond flavor because of the almond flakes and almond extract.
The cookies are very crumbly, and the almond flakes lend an amazing nutty flavor to the cookies.
My contributor CP Choong tried this almond cookies recipe from a cookbook in Malaysia. The recipe doesn’t call for butter but shortening is used instead, which means that the almond cookies will be super crumbly and melt in your mouth.
As a young child, I dislike the taste and unique aroma of almond but as I grow older, almond has become one of my favorite nuts. These almond cookies are sweet, powdery, and they are a great treat for Lunar New Year.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 271 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
White Almond Cookies Recipe
Super crumbly almond cookies with chopped almonds in the cookies. They're so good you won't stop eating!
- 130 g shortening (4.5 oz or 1/2 cup)
- 70 g icing sugar (powdered sugar) (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80 g corn starch (1/2 cup)
- 120 g all-purpose flour or plain flour (1 cup)
- 60 g almond flakes (lightly roasted) (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, (optional)
Utensil needed: Round cookie cutter
- 1Preheat oven to 160C / 325F, lined a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat shortening, icing sugar and salt, and almond extract if using, until smooth.
- 3Add sieved corn flour and all purpose flour, follow by almond flakes. Stir till well incorporated to become a soft dough.
- 4Roll dough between sheets of plastic until 1cm thick. Stain cookie cutter with some flour and cut into rounds. Arrange on baking sheets.
- 5Bake in preheated oven at 160C / 325F for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Store in airtight container.
I'm using www.convert-me.com for the conversion.