I love meringues—sweet, airy, and feather light egg white meringues that just melt in the mouth.
I especially love meringues when there is a hidden treasure inside every of them.
The hidden treasure will not reveal itself until you take a bite of the meringues, so there is always an anticipation.
Everything tastes better with a bit of Nutella, especially meringues.
And these Nutella Meringues get an easy upgrade of Nutella, everyone’s favorite creamy hazelnut spread that makes each bite simply decadent.
My favorite part is the slight crunch you encounter just before making it to the middle.
It is the perfect contrast in texture.
These meringues are great to prepare in advance for a special occasion, festive season, or just to enjoy yourself.
It’s an amazing sweet dessert.
With minimal ingredients, this Nutella Meringues recipe is a keeper for its simple preparation and all around deliciousness.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 96 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar, (240 mL)
- 12 teaspoons Nutella, (60 mL)
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff. Slowly add the white sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the meringue batter to a piping bag and snip the end of bag with a pair of scissors to create a 1/2-inch opening. Pipe a dozen 1 1/2-inch meringue circles onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, making sure to leave 2 inches in between each. Top each meringue circle with one teaspoon of Nutella, and then cover with the remaining meringue.
- Bake for 20 minutes; then lower the temperature to 170 degrees F and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Remove the meringues from the oven and leave to dry overnight.
When creating the meringue batter, if peaks do not form after incorporating the sugar, stand the bowl in a saucepan of hot water and beat for a few minutes.
Serving Size12 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 96Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 18mgCarbohydrates 19gSugar 19gProtein 1g