What Is Holiday Bread?
It’s easy to make holiday mornings extra special with a homemade holiday bread, which is a quick version of the traditional sweet bread.
The holiday season is the season of joy, festivities, and good times, where families gather to celebrate and spend quality time with each other.
The best thing of all, holiday bread can be made ahead of time and can be frozen for up to a month.
Ingredients for Holiday Party
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Part-skim ricotta cheese
- Dried tart cherries or other dried fruit
- Vanilla extract
- Grated fresh lemon peel
- Powdered sugar
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Holiday Bread Be Stored?
Yes, the best part of this recipe is that you can make a batch and freeze it in bags for up to a month.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 144 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served with tea or coffee. For a wholesome holiday party, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 144 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup dried tart cherries or other dried fruit
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 2 large eggs
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F (150°C). Grease large cookie sheet. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. With pastry blender or using two knives scissors-fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in ricotta, dried cherries, pecans, vanilla, lemon peel, and eggs until well combined.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. With floured hands, gently knead dough two or three times to blend. With floured rolling pin, roll dough into 10" by 8" oval. Fold oval lengthwise, bringing top half over so that bottom of dough extends by about 1 inch.
- Place the dough on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer the dough to wire rack; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar to coat just before serving if you like.
Serving Size16 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 144Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 40mgSodium 65mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 3g