Christmas baking has just started in my kitchen and I will be sharing some of my favorite holiday cookies with you.
To kick off the holiday baking season, here are the super delicious and amazing chocolate snowballs for you.
The recipe is really easy and fail-proof, and they look absolutely adorable.
I just love these chocolate snowballs and just can’t stop eating them.
Covered and rolled in powdered sugar, these cookies practically scream holidays and winter.
They are practically cute, little, sweet, chocolate chip and pecan-laden cookies that you can eat.
How amazing is that?
The recipe is adapted from Taste of Home.
I love the crunchy and crispy texture, and I also love that I get the chocolate chips and pecan pieces with every bite.
As the cookies are rolled with powdered sugar, we reduced the sugar in the dough so they are not overly sweet.
You may use walnut instead of pecan.
Either way, they are just absolutely delightful.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 89 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Serving Size24 snowballs
Amount Per Serving Calories 89Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 14mgSodium 54mgCarbohydrates 8gSugar 4gProtein 1g