I love spicy food and I love to enjoy spices, condiments from around the world.
One of my favorite sauces that packs a lot of flavors and heat is piri piri sauce.
I love it on my protein: chicken, fish, steak, etc.
With the holidays just around the corner, I decided to pair it with ham, and it is a wonderful pairing.
Other Recipes You Might Like
While I love my spicy honey-glazed ham, I wanted a stronger heat and kick for this year’s menu.
Piri piri sauce works magic on the ham, giving it an exotic flavor and turn your ham into something that you just won’t stop eating.
Another plus, as it’s freezing cold outside, the piri piri sauce will warm up your body in a nice way.
So, try my Piri Piri Holiday Ham recipe this year.
It’s very easy and you can keep the sauce in the fridge and serve it on other protein post holidays.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 421 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 2- pound (0.4 kg-1 kg) fully cooked ham, sliced
Piri Piri Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 fresh red chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Wrap the ham with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- All all the ingredients in the piri piri sauce in a blender until fine. Transfer to a bowl. Let stand at room temperature.
- Remove the ham from the oven and spoon the Piri Piri Sauce over the ham. Serve immediately.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 421Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 14gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 140mgSodium 2698mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 50g