Spicy and Creamy
Spicy and creamy are two of my favorite tastes in the world! I love everything with a bit of heat, from dry spices and fresh chilies.
On a different spectrum, I love everything rich and creamy. Now, think of a pasta that is both spicy and creamy, with shrimp. Yes, this cajun shrimp pasta is what you need as dinner tonight.
Other Cajun and Shrimp Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Shrimp and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- Grilled Honey Cajun Shrimp
Cajun Shrimp + Pasta
Imagine plump and juicy shrimp, marinated with loads of Cajun spices and then sauteed with olive oil and garlic, on a bed of light yet creamy pasta with whipping cream and Parmesan cheese. Are your mouth watering?
I sure do. I can practically eat the entire skillet of this Cajun Shrimp Pasta myself!
I love the perfect balance of this creamy Cajun shrimp pasta recipe. The penne pasta is cooked al dente; the shrimp are cajun-spiced; the cherry tomatoes and spinach lend a healthy note to the spicy pasta.
It’s wholesome and crazy delicious, great for busy weeknights or special weekend dinner. It’s also very easy to make and family-friendly.
If you are a fan of Chili’s Cajun Shrimp Pasta, you don’t have to go there anymore. Making this at home is definitely much cheaper and healthier, plus you can make it as often as you want without costing you an arm and a leg.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 563 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) penne or fusili pasta
- 10 oz. (280 g) peeled, deveined, and tail-on shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Salt or to taste
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Marinate the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned, then add the shrimp. Stir a few times before adding the chicken broth and whipping cream. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer the pasta into the skillet, stir to combine well with the sauce. Add the cherry tomatoes and baby spinach. As soon as they start to wilt, turn off the heat. Add the Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 563Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 18gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 337mgSodium 1487mgCarbohydrates 92gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 40g