Spicy and Creamy
Spicy and creamy are two of my favorite tastes in the world! I love everything with a bit of heat, from dry spices and fresh chilies.
On a different spectrum, I love everything rich and creamy. Now, think of a pasta that is both spicy and creamy, with shrimp. Yes, this cajun shrimp pasta is what you need as dinner tonight.
Other Cajun and Shrimp Pasta Recipes
Cajun Shrimp + Pasta
Imagine plump and juicy shrimp, marinated with loads of Cajun spices and then sauteed with olive oil and garlic, on a bed of light yet creamy pasta with whipping cream and Parmesan cheese. Are your mouth watering?
I sure do. I can practically eat the entire skillet of this Cajun Shrimp Pasta myself!
I love the perfect balance of this creamy Cajun shrimp pasta recipe. The penne pasta is cooked al dente; the shrimp are cajun-spiced; the cherry tomatoes and spinach lend a healthy note to the spicy pasta.
It’s wholesome and crazy delicious, great for busy weeknights or special weekend dinner. It’s also very easy to make and family-friendly.
If you are a fan of Chili’s Cajun Shrimp Pasta, you don’t have to go there anymore. Making this at home is definitely much cheaper and healthier, plus you can make it as often as you want without costing you an arm and a leg.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 563 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Cajun Shrimp Pasta – crazy delicious creamy pasta with cajun shrimp, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Dinner takes 20 mins and so good.
- 12 oz penne or fusili pasta
- 10 oz peeled, deveined, and tail-on shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Salt or to taste
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- 1Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Marinate the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning.
- 2Heat up a skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned, then add the shrimp. Stir a few times before adding the chicken broth and whipping cream. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- 3Transfer the pasta into the skillet, stir to combine well with the sauce. Add the cherry tomatoes and baby spinach. As soon as they start to wilt, turn off the heat. Add the Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and serve immediately.