I am obsessed with brown butter lately. Butter makes everything better, but brown butter elevates a dish to total awesomeness, such as this crazy delicious brown butter honey garlic scallops.
Other Recipes You Might Like
The scallops were so good I practically dabbed my fingers on the skillet and dried out the last bits of the honey garlic sauce. This dish is a perfect 10!
What I love about this honey garlic scallops recipe is the simplicity. It takes less than 15 minutes to make, with everyday ingredients I always have in my kitchen.
I am a huge fan of honey (perhaps because I am Bee?!) and garlic; combining them together with a pinch of salt, a dash or two of cayenne pepper, with a tint of apple cider vinegar and you have a dish that is out-of-this-world yummy!
Just look at my pictures here…brown golden bits of garlic doused in the sticky honey garlic sauce, with the perfectly seared scallops, plus some chopped parsley. Making delicious food is really very easy with my recipes.
If you love brown butter, you should also check out my carrots recipe.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 390 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) scallops
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Rinse the scallops and pat very dry with paper towels. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix the honey, water, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper and salt together. Stir to combine well.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat with the olive oil. Pan-sear both sides of the scallops until nicely browned. Set aside. Clean the skillet and heat up on medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt, until it starts to foam and turn golden brown in color. Add the garlic, saute until they turn brown. Add the honey garlic mixture into the skillet, as soon as it thickens, transfer the scallops into the skillet. Turn off the heat, stir to combine well with the sauce. Top with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 85mgSodium 913mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 28g