Little G loves carrots and I am always making carrots for him at home. However, as a picky eater, he only likes baby carrots. Come to think about it, everyone loves baby carrots.
Use Baby Carrots or Baby Cut Carrots
There is nothing not to love about mini-sized carrots. Baby carrots or baby cut carrots are just better, such as this amazing and absolutely addictive brown butter garlic honey roasted carrots.
If you use regular carrots, just cut them into smaller pieces or chunks.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Now, why brown butter? Well, brown butter is just better. Basically brown butter is butter cooked over over medium heat. As the butter melts, it will begin to foam and turn golden brown in color.
See the above picture of brown butter (image credit: Serious Eat). When the butter is browned, saute some garlic, add the carrots and honey to the skillet.
I finish the dish in the oven by roasting it for 20 minutes, and the end result is this tender, garlicky, buttery, and slightly sweet carrots.
This brown butter garlic honey roasted carrots is becoming my favorite roasted carrot recipes. Serve it as a side dish to almost everything you make and I will assure you that everyone will love it, including the pickiest eaters.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 206 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) baby carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme or parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Heat up an oven-safe skillet and cook the butter on medium heat until it starts to form and turn into golden brown. Add the garlic and quickly saute before adding the carrots. Stir a few times, then add the salt, black pepper, honey and thyme or parsley.
- Transfer the skillet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the carrots become tender. Serve immediately.
Watch the cooking video on this page for step-by-step guide.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 40mgSodium 315mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 1g