The Best Roasted Baby Carrots
Perfectly roasted baby carrots are tender and soft, and taste more like sweet potatoes than regular carrots. The maple syrup gives a nice sheen and glossy look and the taste is delicately sweet and buttery.
The orange-color baby carrots are so inviting, oven roasted with maple syrup, butter and seasoned with only salt and ground black pepper. They are so simple but still hit the spot.
They are absolutely scrumptious. This is an excellent side dish to have for any meals and I guarantee you that everyone would love these baby carrots. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Roasted Baby Carrots
This recipe is so easy to make with just a few ingredients:
- Baby carrots
- Melted butter
- Maple syrup
- Black pepper
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Need to Peel Baby Carrots?
It is unnecessary to peel carrots as long as they are washed! Some people don’t enjoy the taste of the skin and thus peel them.
Are Baby Carrots Bad for Weight Loss?
Carrots will actually help you lose weight, as they are full of nutrients and low in calories.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 207 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served as a side dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 10 oz. (300 g) baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- salt to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Combine the carrots with all the ingredients, toss to mix well.
- Arrange the baby carrots on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 40 minutes or until the carrots become tender and soft. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 30mgSodium 114mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 4gSugar 18gProtein 1g