I love spring and summer when heaps of fresh carrot are available in farmers market.
This time of year, I am constantly trying out healthy and savory carrot recipes.
One of my favorite recipes is roasted carrots recipe with garlic and Parmesan cheese, with carrot top.
After roasting in oven for 25 minutes at high 450F, every bite is tender, cheesy and delicious.
It is a great savory side dish for healthy weeknight dinner. It’s also great for holidays such as Thanksgiving.
Other Carrot Recipes You Might Like
I absolutely love carrot, they are so healthy and I am constantly trying new recipes for carrot.
I always buy carrot top from the farmers market. It’s organic, healthy and even picky eaters and kids love them.
Carrot adds gorgeous orange color to a variety of and variety of soups, salads, stews and main dishes.
Carb in carrots is very low, at only 6 g for a medium carrot. Benefits of carrots include:
- Zero total fat.
- Zero cholesterol.
- Very low carbs.
- High in Vitamin A.
Carrot is packed full of vitamins and nutrients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Peel Carrot Ahead of Time?
Yes, you certainly can. Just make sure you soak the carrots with salted water to prevent the surface from turning brown.
You many keep overnight in the refrigerator and before cooking, drain the salted water and pat dry with paper towels.
Can I Use Mini Carrot?
Yes, you sure can. Mini carrot is a great substitute for carrot top.
Can I Eat Carrot Stems and Leaves on the Top?
The green stems and leaves on the top of carrot are edible.
You may slice and cook, if you like.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 201 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Carrots go well with savory main dishes. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz carrot, skin peeled
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix the melted butter and garlic together. Coat the carrots well with the butter mixture.
- Arrange the carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the extra butter garlic mixture on top of the carrots. Roast for 15 minutes, then top the carrots with the Parmesan cheese. Roast for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and top with the parsley. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 343mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 4g