Maple Roasted Carrots
Maple syrup is a magical ingredient in the kitchen. Other than pancakes and waffles, maple syrup turns simple ingredients into much-celebrated dishes; it adds amazing sweet taste to foods, for example: oven-roasted carrots with maple.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Brown butter is butter cooked over over medium heat. As the butter melts, it will begin to foam and turn golden brown in color. See the picture of brown butter (image credit: Serious Eat) below.
Is Maple Syrup Better Than Honey?
While I love honey and use it a lot in my cooking, maple syrup is definitely healthier than honey. It has less sugar content, i.e., less fructose.
Both of them are natural sweeteners but maple syrup has slightly lower calories than honey. (Source: SF Gate)
When it comes to roasting carrots, I love both honey and maple syrup. Both imparts a natural sweet taste to carrots and enhance the natural flavor of fresh carrots.
Personally, I think maple syrup is easier to work with. It’s thin and easier to pour out from the bottle, even if you refrigerate your bottle.
Anyway, it’s Fall and I like the natural fragrance of maple syrup in my food. This Brown Butter Maple Roasted Carrots side dish
elevates regular carrots to a new level.
Brown butter imparts a toasty and nutty flavor, and it pairs perfectly with maple syrup.
How to Make Maple Roasted Carrots?
This recipe is very easy. First, you start off on the stove top. Saute some garlic with the brown butter, then add the carrots, maple syrup, salt, black pepper and herbs (I used thyme and Italian parsley).
Next, you roast the carrots until they turn tender. Try it, I guarantee you that even the pickiest eater would love these carrots!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 143 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme and Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse the baby carrots with cold running water, drain and set aside.
- In an oven-safe skillet (cast-iron preferred), heat up the melted butter on medium heat. The butter will turn into brown butter once it starts to bubble and the color turns light brown.
- Add the garlic, saute for a little bit before adding carrots, maple syrup, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Transfer the carrots to the oven and roast for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the carrots become tender and soft. Serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 22mgSodium 236mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 1g