Now that Labor Day is over and everyone is back to school, let’s bid goodbye to summer foods and get re-acquainted with simple, fast and wholesome weeknight dinners again.
This creamy garlic thyme is a perfect dish that you can make for the entire family, in less than 20 minutes!
This creamy garlic thyme chicken recipe is light and not too rich. While I used heavy whipping cream to make the sauce, it is not overpowering.
We all know how it feels when you have something too creamy and rich right before bedtime; the chicken thighs are pan-fried and have a nice crispy bottom and the skin is golden brown while the inside of the chicken is still tender and moist.
Be generous on the garlic and thyme as they infuse the chicken with deep flavors and aroma. The sauce is slightly spiced with cayenne pepper.
Every mouthful of the chicken is utterly satisfying and I assure you that your family would love this homey and delicious garlic thyme chicken.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 605 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 lbs (1 kg) chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads garlic, top trimmed off
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 sprigs thymes
- salt to taste
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 squirts fresh lime juice
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Grease the skillet with a little cooking spray and pan-fry the chicken thighs until both sides turn crispy and golden brown. Set the chicken aside and discard the oil from the skillet.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and add the garlic and saute. Add the chicken broth, cream and thymes, stir to combine well. Add the chicken, salt and cayenne pepper (if using) and lower the heat to simmer, turning the chicken a couple of times so they are completely cooked through. Squirt some fresh lime juice on the chicken, serve immediately.
Cayenne pepper adds a nice tint of heat to the chicken.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 605Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 249mgSodium 398mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 38g