Now that Labor Day is over and everyone is back to school, let’s bid goodbye to summer foods and get re-acquainted with simple, fast and wholesome weeknight dinners again.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This creamy garlic thyme is a perfect dish that you can make for the entire family, in less than 20 minutes!
This creamy garlic thyme chicken recipe is light and not too rich. While I used heavy whipping cream to make the sauce, it is not overpowering.
We all know how it feels when you have something too creamy and rich right before bedtime; the chicken thighs are pan-fried and have a nice crispy bottom and the skin is golden brown while the inside of the chicken is still tender and moist.
Be generous on the garlic and thyme as they infuse the chicken with deep flavors and aroma. The sauce is slightly spiced with cayenne pepper.
Every mouthful of the chicken is utterly satisfying and I assure you that your family would love this homey and delicious garlic thyme chicken.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 605 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Creamy Garlic Thyme Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads garlic (top trimmed off)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 sprigs thymes
- salt to taste
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 squirts fresh lime juice
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Grease the skillet with a little cooking spray and pan-fry the chicken thighs until both sides turn crispy and golden brown. Set the chicken aside and discard the oil from the skillet.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and add the garlic and saute. Add the chicken broth, cream and thymes, stir to combine well.
- Add the chicken, salt and cayenne pepper (if using) and lower the heat to simmer, turning the chicken a couple of times, so they are completely cooked through. Squirt some fresh lime juice on the chicken, serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Needed almost double the time to cook the chicken through, maybe needed more time in first phase, but good all the same